In just two years Girl Develop It Chicago has grown from an idea in our founders' minds to the largest women-focused technology Meetup in Chicago. We are 2,300+ members strong and have hosted nearly 100 events, workshops, and classes. We couldn't have done it without the tremendous love and support we've received from our instructors, teaching assistants, volunteers, and sponsors.
SO LET'S CELEBRATE!!!!!!
Never been to a GDI event before? COME SAY HI AND MEET OUR AWESOME FOLKS!
Join us for an evening of food, beverages, speakers, giveaways, and some plain ole' fun. All folks who attend will receive one FREE raffle ticket and Teachers/TAs will receive an ADDITIONAL FREE raffle ticket. Prizes include a Raspberry Pi, a Lytro Light Field digital camera, programming books, and more!
A few things about the event:
- Vegetarian and gluten-free options will be provided. Please email email@example.com if you have additional dietary restrictions.
- Beverages will include water, soft drinks (yes, there will be La Croix), and some wine and beer. You may BYOB.
- Folks of ALL AGES are welcome to attend!
- The venue is about half a mile from both the Western and Damen stops on the Blue Line, and within half a block from Western and North Avenue bus stops. Free street parking is ample.
- All attendees are expected to abide by our code of conduct.
Check out our awesome Sponsors!
Avant Credit - (PLATINUM SPONSOR)
Avant is built from a team of passionate Chicagoans looking to change the online lending industry. Starting in 2012, our mission is to lower the barriers and costs of borrowing. Over 175,000 customers have been helped by our transparent & convenient personal loans.
Women at Enova - (PLATINUM SPONSOR)
Strengthening Enova and the broader tech community by building a more cooperative, collaborative, & inclusive community with participation from and opportunities for people of all genders.
Women at Groupon - (PLATINUM SPONSOR)
I'm sure there's no need to introduce Groupon to you - you've probably used one of our great deals. What you probably don't know is some of the cool things that we're working on in-house. From our flagship Groupon site down to our new Breadcrumb POS system, Groupon is brimming with opportunity. And with our world class engineering and design teams in Chicago, Palo Alto, and Berlin, we're gearing up to make a new Groupon a reality.
If you are interested in sponsoring the event, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.