Interested in an in-demand career with salaries up to six-figures? The job market for Salesforce professionals is growing, with over 100,000 job openings for the Salesforce skills created last year*. In this class, you'll get a crash course in building simple employee-facing business apps that run on both a web browser and a mobile device - without writing any code!
Whether you’re familiar with Salesforce from your work experience or are just looking for a career in a hot field, join us to learn about app-building on Salesforce.
What this class will cover:
• What is Salesforce and what are the career opportunities for Salesforce Admins and Developers?
• Crash course in app-building concepts including data modeling, user interfaces, business logic, reports, dashboards, and mobile.
• Hands-on and guided learning to build a sample app in just one day.
• An introduction to Trailhead, a fun online learning platform for Salesforce.
• Resources for connecting with the Salesforce community.
The tools for learning to develop with Salesforce are free:
• Salesforce1 Mobile App (AppStore and Google Play)
• Trailhead Account, the fun free way to learn Salesforce
Students should be fairly familiar with using internet and mobile applications and Googling for answers to all of life’s questions. You do not need any prior Salesforce experience and do not need a Salesforce license.
Please bring a laptop, not an iPad/tablet. The visual development tools only run on modern browsers (Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Internet Explorer 9 or later).
No shows: your course fee will be donated to the chapter scholarship fund.
Date: Saturday, June 24th from 10 AM - 4:30 PM
Host: CareerBuilder, 200 N Lasalle Street, Floor 7
Additional location information:
• Please be prepared to show a Driver's License or state-issued photo ID to building security.
• Parking: The parking garage at 210 N Wells is one block west of the CareerBuilder building.
• Accessibility: This venue is wheelchair accessible.
Breakfast pastries will be provided.
Refund Policy: Girl Develop It is unable to offer refunds for cancelled registrations or no-shows. We only extend refunds if 1) the class is cancelled by the GDI chapter leaders due to low enrollment, or 2) the class is rescheduled and you cannot make the rescheduled date.
Scholarships: A limited number of scholarships are available for those with a financial hardship. To apply, click here. Do not RSVP for the event. The deadline to apply for a scholarship is June 15th. Scholarship applicants will be notified shortly after the deadline. Class capacity does not impact scholarship students.
Instructor: Rebe de la Paz
Salesforce MVP Rebe de la Paz is a Senior Salesforce Consultant at Rightpoint Consulting, Co-leader of the Salesforce Chicago Suburban User Group and Co-founder of non-profit organization PepUp Tech. Mom, writer, skilled trainer and Salesforce enthusiast are some of the other hats this lady wears regularly. This cat lady somehow finds time to raise a family, write and present on Saleforce, read manga, work on Salesforce training videos and dream of how to help others. Want to learn more about Rebe? Feel free to read her blog here, follow her on Twitter @Rabedela or even check out her Salesforce Admins podcast interview here.
All attendees and volunteers are expected to abide by the Girl Develop It Code of Conduct.
*Report obtained under license from Burning Glass Technologies. Data from June 2014-June 2015.