This is a two-week series, with classes being held on Tuesdays and Thursdays - March 8, 10, 15, & 17 from 6-8:30PM. Makeup sessions are not offered.
This workshop is targeted at beginners to programming. If you already know another language, you're welcome to come, you'll probably find that you work at a faster pace.
Dates: Tuesdays & Thursdays, March 8, 10, 15 and 17 from 6-8:30 PM each session
Location: Dev Bootcamp, 351 W. Hubbard, Suite 701
A limited number of scholarships are available for those with a financial hardship. To apply, click here. Do not RSVP for the event. The deadline to apply for a scholarship is March 1st. Scholarship applicants will be notified shortly after the deadline. Class capacity does not impact scholarship students.
Attendees should be comfortable with HTML5 and CSS3: specifically, you should understand the box model, floats, CSS resets, and HTML5 standards and tags.
If you have either:
(a) attended our Intro HTML/CSS workshop and spent time practicing your code, or
(b) attended our Intermediate HTML/CSS workshop, or
(c) built and maintained websites,
then you will be well-prepared for this class!
• Your laptop (Mac, PC, or Linux are all okay).
• A modern web browser - either Chrome or Firefox with Firebug installed.
• A text editor. We recommend Sublime Text 2 (free; available for both Mac and PC).
• What actually is programming? A gentle introduction to programming.
• Variables, functions, and data types.
• Conditionals, control flow, loops, and working with arrays.
• What is the DOM?
• Accessing and modifying the DOM.
• What is an object?
• Handling events and creating animations.
Instructor: Maria Tzeka
Host: Dev Bootcamp
If you are interested in being a teaching assistant for this workshop, please contact Paige through Meetup or via email. TAing is a great way to practice what you know and to get to know members of our community.
All attendees, including staff and volunteers, are expected to abide by the Girl Develop It code of conduct.