Want to learn how to code but not sure where to start?
Tired of techies throwing around acronyms that make your head spin?
If you are a complete beginner to coding and/or want to learn how to communicate better with your technical team/friends, this workshop is for you.
In this class, we will walk through the fundamentals of web development in layman terms. While we won't be writing code, we'll take you through various components of the web and how they work together. Topics include but are not limited to:
• What is the World Wide Web?
• Where are web site files generally stored?
• What is the difference between a client and a server?
• Which programming languages are compiled on a server and which are compiled in a web browser?
• What do you need to know before building a web site?
• What language should you use and what are the differences?
• What tools do you need to develop a web site?
• Who does what on a typical web development team?
• What is Web 2.0 and the Cloud?
This class is for beginners with little to no technical experience. Bring a notepad, tablet or laptop to take notes. If it's the latter, make sure it's charged or you have a charger with you. Come prepared with questions for a Q&A at the end.
About the Teacher:
"Tammy Lawson has been in the information technology professional field for over 15 years. She worked in a variety of roles including mobility scheduling, working in SharePoint, teaching, and installing hardware. For three years, she has worked in the Service Desk environment with end users on software and hardware needs installing specific software remotely, and maintain daily trends on tickets, and provide monthly training to co-workers. During her downtime, she enjoys crocheting."
NONE! Just come with a willingness to learn, a way to take notes, and your questions!
Refund Policy: Your payment guarantees your seat in the course. If something changes after registration and you cannot attend the course, your seat is yours to sell or give to someone else - just please let us know who! As a rule we don't offer refunds or credits; Instead your class fee will go toward our chapter fund which we will use to establish a scholarship fund going forward. That said, please do reach out and let us know if you have extenuating circumstances.