Can you believe that it's been a year since Girl Develop It launched in Detroit?
In that short year, we've:
- Taught hundreds of gals (and guys!) how to code
- Hosted over 30 Meetups throughout Metro Detroit and Ann Arbor
- Partnered with countless other amazing organizations that are working to make tech education accessible to Detroiters of all ages
- Built up a local network of female developers, provided opportunities for them to expand their skill set, and helped them find jobs
- Ate a lot of waffles, drank a ton of coffee, made new friends, and single-handedly brought pink glitter back in style
So join us in celebrating our 1-year anniversary, GDI style!
Wine, waffles, cheese and Great Lakes coffee will be served. A dance party may commence. At minimum, you will meet some amazing people.
Waffles from The Batata Shop!
Many thanks to our awesome sponsors:
Grand Circus is located at 1570 Woodward, in the Broderick Tower. You will be using the entrance with the gold doors on Woodward, not the residential entrance on Witherell. Once you enter, proceed to the 4th floor. You will be directed to your classroom from there.
We recommend you park in the Grand Circus Park or Opera House parking garage, if there are no events. Grand Circus Park has a flat rate of $5, and the Opera House charges $2 for the first hour, with a $5 maximum. There are several lots in close proximity to Grand Circus, as well as ample street parking. If there is an event, we recommend parking at Compuware, which is $10.