Session 1: Saturday July 11, 1:00pm - 5:00pm
Session 2: Sunday July 12, 1:00pm - 5:00pm
Food & drinks will be provided by Grand Circus on both days.
Now that you've mastered the basics of HTML & CSS, let's take it to the next level!
Through the course of the two day session we'll review the basics so everyone is on the same page and then we'll move onto the new stuff!
• Standard practices that designers/developers use. CSS resets, standard widths, wrappers, and other tricks.
• What's this new fancy HTML5 and what can it do? Differences, compatibility, upgrades, semantics, new elements, accessibility, and how to use it today.
• CSS3 - the shiny bits! Vendor styles, new properties (omg rounded corners!), transitions, and what you can use today & how.
• Anything else that comes up! As always, we're here to answer all your questions throughout class.
This class will be taught by Aisha Blake.
• Understanding of HTML/CSS, including:
• How classes & IDs work with HTML & CSS
• CSS targeting with IDs/classes/elements/etc.
• If you've taken our Intro to HTML/CSS class or equivalent, you'll be good to go!
• Review Session 1 slides & Session 2 Slides of Intro HTML/CSS before attending.
• If you're unsure of the requirements please email email@example.com
1570 Woodward Avenue, Level 3
Detroit, MI 48226
NOTE: We are offering scholarships on a limited basis for students with financial need. Please complete our scholarship application if you are interested. Applications must be received by Saturday, June 27. Scholarship recipients will be notified the weekend before the class.
MINIMUM ENROLLMENT: If fewer than 12 students register for this workshop, GDI Detroit may postpone or cancel it. In that event a refund or class credit will be available to any students who have paid to attend.
Check out this map from Grand Circus of nearby parking garages and lots.
WHAT TO BRING:
Please bring your laptop and charger to all class sessions. Power strips & Wi-Fi will be provided. If you don't have a laptop, we may be able to lend you one thanks to our friends at Bizdom! Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve.
We're here to help! If you have additional questions or would like to talk further before signing up for a class, please contact Erika Carlson (email@example.com).
**NOTE: It is highly recommended that you have taken our introductory course (or have previous experience with HTML & CSS) prior to taking this class. Basic knowledge of HTML & CSS are assumed.