Not sure what web development means?
Want to build a cool website, but don't know where to start?
Tired of techies throwing around acronyms that make your head spin?
In this class, we will walk through the fundamentals of web development in layman terms. This class is for people with little to no technical experience!
Topics we'll cover:
• What's the difference between web development and web design?
• Where are web site files generally stored?
• What is the difference between a client and a server?
• What do you need to know before building a web site? What language should you use and what are the differences?
• What tools do you need to develop a web site?
• Who does what on a typical web development team?
• What is Web 2.0 and the Cloud?
Detroit Public Library (Main Branch) - TLC Lab
Laura Eagin is a cheerleader for do-it-yourselfers: Go lady developers! She builds custom WordPress websites for a living and loves it. She studied graphic design at Purdue University and motion graphics at the Savannah College of Art and Design.
Michelle Srbinovich is the Co-General Manager and Digital Director of public media station WDET 101.9FM. Michelle is excited to provide women from all walks of life with the opportunity to connect, learn code, be part of moving Detroit forward. She's not only our chapter co-founder, she's also a student!
Metered street parking on Cass, Woodward, Putnam and Kirby Avenues. Free parking in the lot on the south side of the Main Library, all day on Saturdays. Lot is accessible from Putnam Avenue via Cass Avenue. Customers must then use either the Cass or the Woodward entrance.
WHAT TO BRING:
Bring a notepad and your questions!
We're here to help! If you have additional questions or would like to talk further before signing up for a class, please contact Erika Carlson (email@example.com).