Open to current and prospective GDI NYC instructors! Join GDI NYC at Thoughtworks on Saturday, February 4th from 10AM-12:30PM, to learn about our paid and volunteer instructor opportunities. Lunch will be provided during this event (and a fridge is available if you'd like to bring lunch).
*PLEASE ONLY REGISTER IF YOU ARE ABLE TO ATTEND*
During this training/introduction, you will learn:
• Responsibilities and duties of Instructor
• Benefits of instructing with GDI NYC
• What instructing a GDI NYC class is like
• Complete a mini training session
• Take part in fun 5min ‘mini workshops’ on topics prepared by attendees
• Learn how to sign up to start as an instructor
In preparation for the event, please complete the GDI Instructor Info Form with your most up-to-date availability (nights and wknds) and prepare a short (~ 5 minute) lightning talk or ‘hands on’ activity of your choosing. See a list of suggested topics and further instructions HERE. Have fun with your presentation - we look forward to your creative ideas, and individual styles!
Your participation as a GDI NYC Instructor is critical in helping to close the diversity gap in the technology industry. We appreciate your support and look forward to strengthening GDI NYC in 2017 with your help!