This is a one-part workshop on Monday, October 24th. The class will run from 6:30-9:30pm.
This fall we will run a workshop focused on developing apps for the new iMessage app store launching in early September. The new app store will allow users to download 3rd party apps that appear and can be used inside of iMessage. There are many cool use cases of these apps, from sending awesome stickers to collaboratively editing multimedia messages. In upcoming months, as a community, we will build the future of iMessage together.
In this workshop we will build a simple iMessage sticker pack. We will do this by exploring the new Messages framework together and will use this new iOS ecosystem as a lens for learning more about iOS engineering and iOS product development.
This class is appropriate if you are...
• An iOS developer curious about the iMessage app ecosystem
• An iOS development student curious about the iMessage app ecosystem
• An artist looking to build a simple iMessage sticker app and learn more iOS development.
This class will cover...
• The Messages framework (https://developer.apple.com/reference/messages)
• iOS UI development concepts (UIKit, Autolayout)
Other take aways..
• Learning how to "read" new iOS frameworks.
In order for you to get a lot out of this class, you should know iOS user interface development basics and have a basic familiarity with Swift. If you are not sure if this class is right for you, just reach out and we can figure it out together.
You should bring a MacBook with Xcode 8 or higher installed.
About the Instructors:
Tamar Nachmany is an native New Yorker, writer, artist, and programmer. She works as an iOS engineer at Tumblr.
Stephanie Guevara is a freelance iOS developer based in Brooklyn, New York. When not building cool things, she can be found running, biking, and learning how to cool - not all at the same time.