This is a four-part workshop, starting on Tuesday 3/1, 3/8, 3/22, 3/29. Your attendance is expected at all classes in order to participate. The class time will be from 6:30-9:30pm each evening.
This March, we will be teaching a four-session iOS development class with Girl Develop It. The class will cover the fundamentals of iOS development - as much as we can cover in four sessions - by guiding you through creating an iOS project of your choice. You can come to class with an idea, or join and work with other attendees on a shared project.
This class is appropriate if you are....
• Interested in making iPhone apps
• (and/or) Interested in learning the fundamentals of iOS software development
• (and/or) A technologist who works with iOS engineers and wants to better collaborate
• (and/or) An engineer who has started learning iOS but wants a structured environment to advance your learning.
This class will cover...
• iOS development & Xcode introduction
• Swift language basics
• iOS interface development and UIKit
• Persistence using Core Data
Other take aways..
• Using/integrating external code & libraries
In order for you to get a lot out of this class, we'd like you to be familiar with basic programming concepts like objects, variables, collections, functions, and boolean logic.
A Macintosh running OS X El Capitan (10.11) and Xcode 7.2. How to find your installed version of OS X.
Recommended Knowledge or Areas to Research
• Git/Github (we'll use this to collaborate on our code)
• Object Oriented Programming reviewed in Swift
About the Instructors:
New York-based iOS engineers excited to share our knowledge and network with ‘Girl Develop It’ members.
Julie Yaunches is an iOS engineer at Blue Apron.
Tamar Nachmany is an iOS engineer in Brooklyn, NY. She works at Tumblr.