In this two-day project-based workshop, you'll learn HTML and CSS, the languages used by the billions of webpages out there today to mark up and style content. HTML and CSS are incredibly useful skills for bloggers, content creators, email marketers, small business owners, designers, and are absolutely necessary skills front-end web developers.
The comprehensive workshop will be a mix of lectures, pair programming, and hands-on exercises building your webpage. It will be taught by Kelly Tran, Software Engineer turned Product Manager and Chapter Leader at GDI SF, and Sarah Federman, Experience Designer & Developer at Adobe.
By the end of this two-day workshop, you will know the following:
• How to structure a web page using HTML tags (e.g. creating About Me, Projects, and Contact Me sections for your personal website)
• How to style web pages using CSS (e.g. a bold blog title, italicized date of entry, the blog content in a cool font, and cute icons for your blog)
• How to host your pages on the web for the world to see!
Prerequisites: Attendees are not expected to have any previous HTML/CSS or programming experience.
• Your laptop (Mac, PC, Linux) and charger
• A modern web browser (Chrome, Firefox, Safari)
• A text editor - we recommend either Sublime Text 2 or Atom (both free)
If you do not have a laptop, please contact the instructors. We have a limited number of Chromebooks for students to borrow.
Payment is required to attend. If you'd like to attend but cannot afford the cost, click here to request a scholarship (https://docs.google.com/forms/d/19YePb1ncNgHLFze40_BJRM7w8SG5mh1D0uB4qyKjwWs/viewform). Due to the number of applications, only the scholarship recipient will receive an email a few days before the workshop. Thank you for your understanding!