This is lesson 3 in the Intro to JS course. We highly recommend taking the entire course series:
• Intro to JS: Variables & Functions - https://www.meetup.com/Girl-Develop-It-San-Francisco/events/253392437/
• Intro to JS: Control Flows & Arrays - https://www.meetup.com/Girl-Develop-It-San-Francisco/events/253382020/
• Intro to JS: Objects - https://www.meetup.com/Girl-Develop-It-San-Francisco/events/253392289/
We will cover:
• What are objects
• Objects access
• Changing objects
• Arrays of objects
• Objects as arguments
• Object methods
• JS built-in objects
• Basic HTML & CSS
• Understanding of variables, functions, control flows, and arrays
• Your laptop (Mac, PC, Linux) and charger
• A modern web browser (Chrome, Firefox, Safari)
• A text editor - we recommend either Sublime Text 2 or Atom (both free)
If you do not have a laptop, please contact the instructors. We have a limited number of Chromebooks for students to borrow.
Payment is required to attend. If you'd like to attend but cannot afford the cost, click here to request a scholarship (https://docs.google.com/forms/d/19YePb1ncNgHLFze40_BJRM7w8SG5mh1D0uB4qyKjwWs/viewform). Due to the number of applications, only the scholarship recipients will receive an email a few days before the workshop. Thank you for your understanding!
ABOUT THE TEACHERS
Samantha Paras is a full stack software engineer. In particular she loves the user-facing, visual aspect of technology. She is a first-generation college graduate, having studied Computer Science at UC Berkeley. She has previously worked at Pixar and Box and is currently an engineering manager at DataFox. Outside of work you can find her finding excuses to eat ice cream and rooting for the SF Giants.