In this workshop, we will introduce the Slack Platform and some of the core concepts required for building apps using Slack's APIs. This is a great workshop for those who have used Slack before as a messaging tool but may not be familiar with the robust integration capabilities of the platform.
The workshop is a mix of lecture and a hands-on exercise in which members will set up an existing integration (Twitter) and an incoming-webhook integration to post notifications on their own Slack teams. It will be taught by Roo Harrigan, Application Engineer on the Platform team at Slack.
Attendees should be comfortable with Python and Flask fundamentals, including the requests library - a starter repo with a mostly-working Flask app will be provided. Attendees should also come with an understanding of what Slack is and make a test team before arrival.
• Your laptop (Mac, PC, or Linux are all okay) and charger.
• A modern web browser - either Chrome or Firefox
• A text editor. We recommend Sublime Text 2 (Free:available for both Mac and PC) or Notepad++(PC).
• Python 2.7 installed on your computer
• ngrok installed on your computer
You can review the preparation steps for this workshop here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1uUNIg_8EJz32CDpxSHk6zZThYfC7w4v79dg8ecbh6nA/edit?usp=sharing