In this workshop, you'll learn ways you can use data in your webpages, using AJAX to pull in JSON formatted data dynamically from servers. This is a great follow-up workshop for those who have attended our JS301: Intro to jQuery workshop.
The workshop will be a mix of lectures and hands-on exercises in pairs, and will be taught by Hanah Yendler, Front End Developer at SEPHORA, and Claire Bendersky, Solutions Engineers at MovableInk.
You can review them online at a few places:
• Your laptop (Mac, PC, or Linux are all okay. If you don't have one of those, please let us know in advance) and charger.
• A modern web browser - either Chrome or Firefox.
• A text editor - we recommend Sublime Text 2 (free; available for Mac, PC, or Linux) or Atom (also free; available for Mac, PC, or Linux).
No laptop? No problem. We have 2 Chromebooks available to borrow. Message the teachers if you are interested.
<a href="https://github.com/gdisf/teaching-materials/blob/master/ajax/README.md#topics-covered"> Topics covered:
• Storing data as JSON
• Turning JSON data into DOM nodes
• Using AJAX to pull in JSON
Payment is required to attend. If you'd like to attend but cannot afford the cost, click here to request a scholarship. Due to the number of applications, only the scholarship recipients will receive an email a few days before the workshop. Thank you for your understanding!
Food will not be provided.