We will teach the basics of server-side and front-end development with Node.JS and React. We will go through creating a web server and setting up routes to installing dependencies and organizing and displaying our app data inside a browser.
This workshop is taught by Esther Weon, Software Engineer at Presence Product Group.
What will I learn from this workshop?
• How data moves around on the web, and what is possible using a server
• How to create a Node web server using the Express.js framework to fetch data from a database
• How to use npm to install and manage dependencies
• How to create routes, controllers, and views for a Node application
• How using React will benefit a project
• How to break down user interfaces into modular React components
• How React uses the Virtual DOM and one-way data flow to be lightning-fast
• How data is passed around between React components
Who is this class for?
Need help convincing your employer to pay for this class? Check out these 9 reasons why they should!
What will I need to bring?
• A laptop with Git and NVM installed
• A charger
• A text editor (e.g. Sublime, TextMate, etc.)
• A Github account (Sign up here for free)
If you have any questions at all about the workshop, please leave a comment below!
There will be a 1-hour break at noon. Lunch will be provided on both days.