Do you know what hiring professionals look for in a resume and listen for in an interview? In this evening workshop, Cole Sanders from Avenue Code will give an overview of a typical screening process for a technology consulting and development organization. Students will learn how candidates are located, who views their resume, what recruiters and hiring managers are looking for, and interview do’s and don’ts. In addition, students will pair up for interactive resume editing and interview exercises.
If you'd like to attend but cannot afford the cost, please request a GDI scholarship.
At the end of this workshop, students should:
• Understand the hiring process from the perspective of a potential employer and recruiting organization
• Understand the various steps of the hiring process, and the role that the resume plays
• Understand what makes a resume effective
• Understand discrete steps for tailoring their resumes to employer expectations
• Understand how to perform during a screening interview
We highly encourage students to bring copies of their own resumes (real or fictitious) and expect to work from these copies. The resumes do not have to be real or current, as the instructor will give actionable steps that are applicable to any resume. If a student does not bring a resume to work on, the instructor will provide examples for students to use.
Students should have a LinkedIn Profile and device on which they can edit their profile.
Thank you to Avenue Code for sponsoring venue and food!