Interested in transitioning into a career in Tech? You're not alone, and it's entirely within your reach. According to Stackoverflow's latest survey with over 70,000 respondents, over 40% didn't learn to code in school (university, college). The report also reveals a year-over-year surge in online coding education, rising from 60% to a remarkable 70%. This three-week program will help attendees craft, practice, refine and ultimately nail their pivot story. Each attendee will walk away from this program with a solid pitch they can use to answer to answer the question, "So, tell me about yourself" in a way that sells yourself and the pivot you are making.
This program includes the following workshops & sessions
Pivot with Purpose: Tips on Navigating your Career Pivot | September 6th, 3 pm ET/12 pm PT (1 hour)
- Led by Jessica Dene Early Cha, this class will discuss why planning a career transition isn't just about acquiring technical skills; it's about crafting your story, standing out from the crowd, and expanding your professional network. Jessica has led an amazing career pivot from a decade in the non-profit sector to tech and has gathered invaluable tips and suggestions that have fueled her own success and those around me. Join Jessica, for an engaging talk where I'll share my top insights on making a career pivot to tech. Discover how to craft a compelling narrative, differentiate yourself, and grow your professional connections. Join us and learn a wealth of strategies for a career pivot into tech. Missed this session, check out the recording.
Draft your Story | September 13th, 3 pm ET/12 pm PT (1.5 hours)
- Led by Korene Stuart, this workshop will build on the previous two sessions and walk attendees through the process of creating their stories. Korene starts with a blank page and supports attendees in putting together the elements of a story that sells their skills & experiences.
Telling a new story, Identifying your Strengths | September 8th, 3 pm ET/12 pm PT (1 hour)
- Led by Mandy Fullmer, Trained Gallup StrengthsFinder Coach & Nonprofit Consultant, this session will guide attendees to identify your core strengths (a.k.a. superpowers) that truly make each individual stand out and succeed in any job. Mandy will use the strengths assessment tool (you will receive a link and feedback before this session) and discuss how to own and aim your strengths at the career you want.
You will receive a link to take the assessment after the first workshop is held.
Practice your Pivot Pitch: Peer Session | September 15th, 3 pm ET/12 pm PT (1/2 hour)
- In this session, attendees will break up into small groups for a first round of practice. Each attendee will practice their pitch a few times and have real-time feedback from peers. This will be a fun and casual session where we will work in small groups. It is a great way to start to practice saying your pitch out loud and get lots of feedback.
Practice your Pivot Pitch: Practice Pitches to Corporate Volunteers | September 22nd, 2 pm ET/11 am PT (1 hour)
- This session is a unique opportunity to PRACTICE! We will have volunteers from BillTrust joining us for this session to listen to your pitch and offer feedback. This is a safe space designed to offer attendees real-life practice and feedback and build confidence in just the story you have crafted but in the ability to deliver the story.
Perfect your Pivot Pitch | September 27th, 3 pm ET/12 pm PT (1 hour)
- Our workshop leaders and other guests, will come back and hear your final pitches. This is an amazing session that will leave each attendee with a story pitch that will open any interview and support your networking.
Program Cost: $300 (includes the cost of the Gallup StrengthFinder Assessment)