This class will focus on understanding how to use SQL and its basic syntax. Topics in this course will include: querying and aggregating data in individual tables, querying multiple related tables (JOINs), and writing subqueries. In this course, an online SQL database tool will be used to teach students how to write queries. No installation is required.
This is a cohort learning class and will run for a total of 12 instructional hours over 6 classes (each 2 hours long). The class days and times are below.
- Monday, September 13, 7:00pm-9:00pm ET (4:00pm-6:00pm) PT
- Tuesday, September 14, 7:00pm-9:00pm ET (4:00pm-6:00pm) PT
- Wednesday, September 15, 7:00pm-9:00pm ET (4:00pm-6:00pm) PT
- Tuesday, September 21, 7:00pm-9:00pm ET (4:00pm-6:00pm) PT
- Wednesday, September 22, 7:00pm-9:00pm ET (4:00pm-6:00pm) PT
- Thursday, September 23, 7:00pm-9:00pm ET (4:00pm-6:00pm) PT
The class will include hands-on work and assignments. Students will benefit both from the instructor's knowledge and peer-to-peer interactions.
Code of Conduct: Girl Develop It is focused on providing opportunities for women and non-binary individuals to learn web and software development, but our classes and events are open to all genders and identities. We are dedicated to providing a welcoming and comfortable environment for all to learn to code and every attendee is expected to uphold our Code of Conduct (http://www.girldevelopit.com/codeofconduct).