Get an introduction to the basics of full-stack web development in this project-focused cohort that will cover the core technologies of the MERN stack: MongoDB, Express, React.js and Node.js.
The course will cover:
- Concepts and principles of full-stack web development using the MERN stack
- How to create, manage, and deploy database-driven web applications
- Using React and Redux to build interactive and user-friendly front-end interfaces
- Implementing authentication and authorization in web applications
- Understanding and applying best practices for deploying and scaling MERN stack applications
Who is this series for?
- Aspiring and new developers interested in hands-on practice to learn and apply the core MERN technologies to build their own full-stack projects.
Mondays and Thursdays, 4:00p - 6:00p ET / 1:00p - 3:00p PT
January 23 - February 9th
Monday, January 23 @ 4:00p - 6:00p ET / 1:00p - 3:00p PT
Thursday, January 26 @ 4:00p - 6:00p ET / 1:00p - 3:00p PT
Monday, January 30 @ 4:00p - 6:00p ET / 1:00p - 3:00p PT
Thursday, February 2 @ 4:00p - 6:00p ET / 1:00p - 3:00p PT
Monday, February 6 @ 4:00p - 6:00p ET / 1:00p - 3:00p PT
Thursday, February 9 @ 4:00p - 6:00p ET / 1:00p - 3:00p PT
Cost: $240 (12 hours of instruction)
Want More from GDI? GDI offers a variety of ways you can join our community! Whether you are brand new to tech or want to advance the experience you've already racked up, we have something for you. When you join as a member, you develop your own pathway to develop code, confidence, and community. If you just want to get your feet wet or want a personal coach to land your dream job, GDI has memberships to match your interest, availability, and budget. Learn more here.
Although this course is an introduction to full-stack development, we recommend familiarity with or basic knowledge of the following topics, concepts and tools:
- A web browser
- A code editor
- Download and Install:
- Join GDI’s Community Slack channel (Invites will be sent after registration)
Code of Conduct:
Our mission is focused on providing opportunities for women to learn web and software development, but our classes and events are open to all genders and identities. We are dedicated to providing a welcoming and comfortable environment for all to learn to code and every attendee is expected to uphold our Code of Conduct (http://www.girldevelopit.com/code-of-conduct).