This hands-on two-class series will introduce you to the animations and transitions properties of CSS. Using practical exercises, you will explore the basic anatomy of these properties and how to use them to get elements on a page to move.
Expect to learn a few new CSS properties and tips and tricks to take your dev skills to a new level.
Topics to cover will include:
- Transitions and Transform properties
- Animations and Keyframes
- Animation with the Clip-Path property
- Accessibility guidelines for animated elements
- Working in 2D and in 3D
- Class 1: Tuesday, May 10th, 6:00p - 8:00p EST
- Class 2: Wednesday, May 11th, 6:00p - 8:00p EST
Basic to Intermediate knowledge of HTML & CSS
- A web browser
- Recommended: Chrome or Firefox
- A Codepen.io account (Free signup)
- Optional: A code or text editor
- Recommended: Visual Studio Code
Class Cost: $80
Want More from GDI? GDI offers a variety of ways you can join our community! Whether you are brand new to tech or want to advance the experience you've already racked up, we have something for you. When you join as a member, you develop your own pathway to develop code, confidence, and community. If you just want to get your feet wet or want a personal coach to land your dream job, GDI has memberships to match your interest, availability, and budget. Learn more here.
Code of Conduct:
Girl Develop It is focused on providing opportunities for women and non-binary individuals to learn web and software development, but our classes and events are open to all genders and identities. We are dedicated to providing a welcoming and comfortable environment for all to learn to code and every attendee is expected to uphold our Code of Conduct (http://www.https://girldevelopit.com/code-of-conduct/).