You'll learn why React is so powerful as a framework; work through exercises to learn the basics; write code that takes advantage of the new ES6 language features, and build an Instagram-like application project from scratch! By the end, you will understand what single-page applications (SPAs) are; the fundamentals of creating single-page apps with a frontend framework; and how such applications differ from traditional web apps.
Topics to be covered will include:
- React Components
- JSX, Props & State
- React Hooks
- React Context API
- React Router
- And more
- Class 1: Thursday, Sept 28 @ (4p - 6p ET/1p -3p PT)
- Class 2: Monday, Oct 2 @ (4p - 6p ET/1p -3p PT)
- Class 3: Thursday, Oct 5 @(4p - 6p ET/1p -3p PT)
- Class 4: Monday, Oct 9 @ (4p - 6p ET/1p -3p PT)
- Class 5: Thursday, Oct 12 @ (4p - 6p ET/1p -3p PT)
- Class 6: Monday, Oct 16 @ (4p - 6p ET/1p -3p PT)
- Basic familiarity with HTML & CSS
- Basic knowledge of Github (Specifically, how to clone a repository)
- A web browser
- Recommended: Chrome or Firefox
- A code or text editor
- A Github account
Class Cost: $240 for 12 hours of instruction
Want More from GDI? GDI offers a variety of ways you can join our community! Whether you are brand new to tech or want to advance the experience you've already racked up, we have something for you. When you join as a member, you develop your own pathway to develop code, confidence, and community. If you just want to get your feet wet or want a personal coach to land your dream job, GDI has memberships to match your interest, availability, and budget. Learn more here.
Code of Conduct:
Girl Develop It is focused on providing opportunities for women and non-binary individuals to learn web and software development, but our classes and events are open to all genders and identities. We are dedicated to providing a welcoming and comfortable environment for all to learn to code and every attendee is expected to uphold our Code of Conduct (http://www.https://girldevelopit.com/code-of-conduct/).