Take your knowledge of CSS to a new level with this two-class series that explores modern layout techniques and approaches to common CSS challenges.
- Gain a better understanding of CSS so you don’t always have to rely on frameworks such as Bootstrap or Tailwind to achieve the layout effects you want;
- Understand what frameworks do behind the scenes so you can use them and debug issues more efficiently;
- Learn the differences between CSS Flexbox and CSS Grid and how to determine which to use to solve specific layout challenges;
- Understand CSS’s display property and how to hide content with intention;
- And other topics that you can apply to your work and personal projects right away!
Who is this series for?
Anyone new to frontend development; web designers who want to advance their knowledge of CSS; or backend developers looking to understand CSS and styling.
Class Details: Two 2-hour classes in mid-February, 7:00p - 9:00p ET / 4:00p - 6:00p PT
- Class 1: Wed Feb 15 @ 7:00p - 9:00p ET / 4:00p - 6:00p PT
- Class 2: Thu Feb 16 @ 7:00p - 9:00p ET / 4:00p - 6:00p PT
Cost: $80 (4 hours of instruction)
Want More from GDI? GDI offers a variety of ways you can join our community! Whether you are brand new to tech or want to advance the experience you've already racked up, we have something for you. When you join as a member, you develop your own pathway to develop code, confidence, and community. If you just want to get your feet wet or want a personal coach to land your dream job, GDI has memberships to match your interest, availability, and budget. Learn more here.
Basic knowledge of HTML & CSS:
- Web Design Essentials 1 (GDI)
- or the equivalent (Udemy, Codecademy, Free Code Camp, etc.)
- A web browser
- An online code editor account
- A code or text editor
Code of Conduct:
Our mission is focused on providing opportunities for women to learn web and software development, but our classes and events are open to all genders and identities. We are dedicated to providing a welcoming and comfortable environment for all to learn to code and every attendee is expected to uphold our Code of Conduct (http://www.girldevelopit.com/code-of-conduct).