Web Design Essentials 2 is an interactive and intermediate series to get you more familiar and comfortable with the languages, tools and practices for modern web design and development.
You’ll take a deep dive into responsive web design with CSS Flexbox and learn to use this powerful module to create more unique web layouts. The series also introduces core concepts such as the Cascade and Specificity that will help you understand how CSS behaves and how to debug your code. Expect to learn about new HTML elements that improve accessibility, and CSS selectors for writing more flexible code. And along the way, pick up tips and tricks as you cultivate your web development practice!
This series will cover:
- Creating dynamic layouts with CSS Flexbox
- Understanding the Cascade and Specificity
- Working with CSS selectors
- Building accessibility with semantic HTML elements
- Debugging and other useful web development practices
4 Class Series: Saturdays
- Class 1: April 22 | 1:00pm-4:00pm ET/10:00am-1:00pm PT
- Class 2: April 29 | 1:00pm-4:00pm ET/10:00am-1:00pm PT
- Class 3: May 6 | 1:00pm-4:00pm ET/10:00am-1:00pm PT
- Class 4: May 13 | 1:00pm-4:00pm ET/10:00am-1:00pm PT
Class Cost: $240 (12 hours of instruction)
Members attend for free!
Want More from GDI? GDI offers a variety of ways you can join our community! Whether you are brand new to tech or want to advance the experience you've already racked up, we have something for you. When you join as a member, you develop your own pathway to develop code, confidence, and community. If you just want to get your feet wet or want a personal coach to land your dream job, GDI has memberships to match your interest, availability, and budget. Learn more here.
- Introductory / Basic knowledge of HTML & CSS
- Web Design Essentials 1 (GDI) or
- Equivalent courses (Udemy, FreeCodeCamp, etc.)
- A web browser
- An online code editor account
- Optional: A code or text editor
- Optional: A Github account
- Join GDI’s Community Slack channel (Invites will be sent after registration)
Code of Conduct: Girl Develop It is focused on providing opportunities for women and non-binary individuals to learn web and software development, but our classes and events are open to all genders and identities. We are dedicated to providing a welcoming and comfortable environment for all to learn to code and every attendee is expected to uphold our Code of Conduct (http://www.https://girldevelopit.com/code-of-conduct/).