This class is meant to be a precursor to the upcoming Intro to React 16 cohort, which you can check out at , but can also be taken as a stand alone class.
This class is a 2-part series offering 4 hours of instruction. The class will meet two times on the following dates and times:
- Monday, October 26th, 6:00pm-8:00pm EST
- Wednesday, October 28th, 6:00pm-8:00pm EST
- Variable declaration: const, let instead of var
- String interpolation
- Arrow functions
- map() ...technically not ES6, but still a cool concept to cover
- Destructuring objects and arrays
- Imports/ Exports
- Promises (if we have time)
- For Loops
- Conditionals (if, else)
- Your laptop (Mac, PC, Linux) and charger
- A modern web browser (Chrome, Firefox, Safari)
Instructor: Hanah Yendler
Hanah Yendler is a pirate historian turned food educator turned software engineer. She is dedicated to making computer science education more accessible/approachable, and loves working with GDI to achieve that goal. Hanah previously worked at Eventbrite as a full stack engineer and helped run the internal mentorship program. She now works at Carbon Health, building software to help the company’s clinics and covid testing initiatives. In her spare time, Hanah loves to swing dance (solo, for now, during covid times) and bakes a mean chocolate chip cookie.
Code of Conduct: Girl DevelopIt mission is focused on providing opportunities for women to learn web and software development, but our classes and events are open to all genders and identities. We are dedicated to providing a welcoming and comfortable environment for all to learn to code and every attendee is expected to uphold our Code of Conduct.