Your website needs to engage customers to succeed. It needs to attract and engage visitors, educate them about your products, and motivate them to buy. The Website Check-up is for all websites on all platforms (SquareSpace, Wordpress, Shopify, Big Commerce, etc). This collaborative class will review best practices and allow the class members to share feedback with each other to help everyone maximize their own websites.
We will evaluate your website in the following key areas:
- Search Engine Optimization - This is the process of optimizing your website to get organic traffic. On-page SEO, title and meta tags, 301 redirects, and more will start you on the right path.
- Design - A site's style will include many elements. Your design style should appeal to your target market. Top priority is consistency, great custom images, and easy navigation.
- Content – Well-written content is key. Understand your tone, give value, and quality over quantity.
- Product Description- Your product description should be engaging and solve a problem for your customers.
- Conversion - The last step to a great website: conversion. This part will produce results. Use Call-to-Action, landing pages, forms, and more.
- Operations – Will review your shipping set-up and educate you on ecommerce tips for saving money on shipping and customer service
If you would like us to review your website, please email the url and any questions you would like answered ahead of the class.
Instructor: Karen Gold
Karen Gold is a Marketing Executive best known for launching innovative technology such as the digital TV Guide, the first digital network in Las Vegas, and interactive TV. Her background includes executive positions, in retail, e-commerce, and marketing for Fortune 100 companies such as AT&T Interactive, J&J. GM. Walmart, Pfizer, and many start-ups companies. (See full bio below.)
No shows: Your course fee will be donated to the GDI scholarship fund.
Cancellation Policy: Class is subject to cancellation if there are fewer than 5 registrations 5 days before class start date.
Code of Conduct: Girl DevelopIt mission is focused on providing opportunities for women to learn web and software development, but our classes and events are open to all genders and identities. We are dedicated to providing a welcoming and comfortable environment for all to learn to code and every attendee is expected to uphold our Code of Conduct.