This special event will be led by one of Turing School’s student circles, the Joan Clarke Society, named after the woman who broke barriers and was the sole woman on the team that decrypted Nazi Germany’s secret communications during WWII.
Joan did it alone—but you don’t have to! Join us on Friday, February 11 and learn to code in a collaborative environment with other women and leaders in the tech industry.
- Introductions: Meet the alumni from Joan Clarke Society who will be supporting you and other women+ participating in the event.
- Try Coding Instruction: Spend a few hours learning how to code in a virtual workshop taught live, with support from Joan Clarke Society alumni/software developers. Leave this portion of the event with your own code project.
- Lunch Sessions: Choose from several lunch sessions (more information below) led by women leaders in the tech industry and ask them questions about their careers, challenges and opportunities in tech.
- Group Challenge: Choose a topic that matters to you, and build out your code project from the morning with other women who are passionate about the same issue. Your group will get coaching and support from a Joan Clarke Society alumni/software developer.
- Awards & Closing: Share your project with the full group, vote as a community on each project and discover the next steps you can take if you are interested in learning more about coding and software development.
Full Event Details
Date: Fri, February 11, 2022
Time: 11:00 AM – 6:00 PM EST
Access more information about this event at this link: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/code-with-joan-a-coding-workshop-by-and-for-women-tickets-230337243897.
Free for GDI participants. Use the promo codewithjoan when registering for free access.
Code of Conduct
Girl Develop It is focused on providing opportunities for women and non-binary individuals to learn web and software development, but our classes and events are open to all genders and identities. We are dedicated to providing a welcoming and comfortable environment for all to learn to code and every attendee is expected to uphold our Code of Conduct (http://www.girldevelopit.com/code-of-conduct).