This class is meant to be a precursor to GDI's upcoming Intro to React 16 Cohort, but can also be taken as a stand-alone class.
Please note that there will be an expectation to have sound and video on for all participants to provide the best collaborative virtual learning environment.
- Tuesday, October 19 @ 7:30 - 9:30p ET
- Thursday, October 21 @ 7:30 - 9:30p ET
- Variable declaration: const, let instead of var
- String interpolation
- Arrow functions
- map() ...technically not ES6, but still a cool concept to cover
- Destructuring objects and arrays
- Imports/ Exports
- Promises (if we have time)
- For Loops
- Conditionals (if, else)
- Your laptop (Mac, PC, Linux) and charger
- A modern web browser (Chrome, Firefox, Safari)
Code of Conduct: Girl Develop It is focused on providing opportunities for women and non-binary individuals to learn web and software development, but our classes and events are open to all genders and identities. We are dedicated to providing a welcoming and comfortable environment for all to learn to code and every attendee is expected to uphold our Code of Conduct (http://www.girldevelopit.com/codeofconduct).