About this event
This presentation is for new developers who want to start freelancing. During this presentation, students will learn about the following items:
- What technicals skills are needed to start a successful freelance career
- Figuring out what niche and ideal clients you want to work with and where they can find them
- Writing a project proposal that convinces clients they are the best person for the client’s job
- Decide what services they want to offer and setting prices for their services
- How to figure out the scope and budget for your project
- How to create a project agreement and set up a workflow for a project
By the end of this course, students will have the knowledge and confidence needed to start looking for clients and getting freelance jobs.
Explore GDI Memberships
Want More from GDI? GDI offers a variety of ways you can join our community! Whether you are brand new to tech or want to advance the experience you've already racked up, we have something for you. When you join as a member, you develop your own pathway to develop code, confidence, and community. If you just want to get your feet wet or want a personal coach to land your dream job, GDI has memberships to match your interest, availability, and budget. Learn more here.
Code of Conduct: Girl Develop It is focused on providing opportunities for women and non-binary individuals to learn web and software development, but our classes and events are open to all genders and identities. We are dedicated to providing a welcoming and comfortable environment for all to learn to code and every attendee is expected to uphold our Code of Conduct (http://www.https://girldevelopit.com/code-of-conduct/).