Curious about programming? Want to learn one language that you can use to build websites, program robots, visualize data, run servers, and make art? Then you're ready to get started with Python. Python powers some of the most popular websites and apps we all know and love, like Pinterest and Instagram to name a couple.
Join us for GDI's Python I virtual workshop, designed for those who have very limited or no programming experience. During this interactive workshop, we'll explore the basic components of a programming language: data types, functions, conditional statements, and loops. We'll mix lecture and practice, and we'll work through lots of problems together. You'll leave the workshop with several tested tutorials to work through on your own.
- Introduction to Python
- Data types and variables
- Boolean expressions
- Testing and debugging
- Working with lists
This is a cohort class and will run for a total of 12 instructional hours over 6 classes (each 2 hours long). The class dates and times are:
- Monday, July 12, 2021 @ 3:00 pm - 5:00 pm ET / 12:00pm -2:00pm PT
- Wednesday, July 14, 2021 @ 3:00 pm - 5:00 pm ET / 12:00pm -2:00pm PT
- Friday, July 16, 2021 @ 3:00 pm - 5:00 pm ET / 12:00pm -2:00pm PT
- Monday, July 19, 2021 @ 3:00 pm - 5:00 pm ET / 12:00pm -2:00pm PT
- Wednesday, July 21, 2021 @ 3:00 pm - 5:00 pm ET / 12:00pm -2:00pm PT
- Monday, July 23, 2021 @ 3:00 pm - 5:00 pm ET / 12:00pm -2:00pm PT
The class will include hands-on work and assignments. Students will benefit both from the instructor's knowledge and the peer-to-peer interactions.
Your laptop (Mac, PC, Linux) and charger