In this class, you’ll learn to beat the coding interview anxiety by engaging in an easy-to-remember problem-solving process taught in universities around the country that helps you think your way through the problem in a short period of time. You’ll also get a lot of supplemental practice opportunities, and you’ll get into a rhythm of daily practice that should help you to cruise through any surprise algorithm challenge. You should find you’ve become confident in your ability to start solving interview problems involving strings, arrays, numbers, JSON, and prevent your brain from shutting down in the interview by the end of this 4-week boot camp on the algorithms challenges that are actually being asked in interviews today.
Hybrid Class Schedule:
This class will be delivered in a Hybrid style, which matches the convenience of on-demand learning with access to an instructor to provide assistance, insights, and additional tips. This class will also utilize a Slack Group to allow for further opportunities to ask questions, learn from peers & network.
GDI Hybrid Classes offer:
- On-Demand Videos (pre-recording instruction)
- Live Workshops (set a time & date when an instructor will be available)
Live Sessions Schedule:
- Monday, August 14th, 8:30 pm ET / 5:30 pm PT (1.5 hours)
- Monday, August 21st, 8:30 pm ET / 5:30 pm PT (1.5 hours)
- Monday, August 28th, 8:30 pm ET / 5:30 pm PT (1.5 hours)
- Monday, September 11th, 8:30 pm ET / 5:30 pm PT (1.5 hours)
We will release the first four videos when you register for the class, and then send the following videos on the schedule below:
- Lessons 1-3: to be emailed to attendees upon registration and reviewed on August 14th.
- Lessons 4-6: to be emailed on Monday, August 14th and reviewed on August 21st.
- Lessons 7-9: to be emailed on August 21st and reviewed on August 28th.
- Lessons 10-12: to be emailed on August 28th and reviewed on September 11th.
- Lesson 1: Intro to Problem-Solving
- Lesson 2: Modifying the Base of a Number
- Lesson 3: Working with Strings: Hamming Distance
- Lesson 4: Greedy Algorithms
- Lesson 5: 2D Arrays
- Lesson 6: Tricksy Match Patterns
- Lesson 7: 2D Arrays Review & The Spiral
- Lesson 8: Dictionaries & Buckets
- Lesson 9: More Dictionaries, JSON
- Lesson 10: Working with Bigger Data
- Lesson 11: JOINing Data
- Lesson 12: Movie Database: BFS & DFS
Cost: $400 (12 on-demand videos + 4 live workshops)
This class is an intensive course (offered over 5 weeks!). These intensive classes are included in our Personalized Membership and offered at a 75% discount to our Membership & Scholars.
Optional Registrations $480 (on-demand videos + 4 live workshops + 1 hour coaching session)
If you are looking for additional support, consider purchasing the Class+Coaching option for registration. This option will give you access to a 1-hour coaching session with Liz Howard, our amazing instructor. This is great for support if you are approaching or getting ready for an interview.