A Hackathon is an event in which programmers, graphic designers, content strategists, interface designers, and project managers collaborate intensively on projects. Or, as we like to call it, an event where people work together to find new (sometimes inelegant) solutions to a problem.
Our event is designed to welcome beginners to Hackathon events and support them with the confidence, tools, and resources to build amazing projects (and their confidence along the way)
This year, we are offering a new option, the Hack Along. This is an instructor-led class that will meet during the evenings of the Hackathon. Class attendees will choose a project and work together with the guidance of an instructor to create that project. Like a Hackathon team, each member will choose a role and have opportunities to contribute based on their skills and interests.
Why you should try it:
- Project selection anxiety is removed, with the instructor pre-selecting topics and projects
- Hands-on learning: everyone will build and contribute
- Meet great people: Build your network and have fun working with a team
- Have fixed work time: Hackathons can take a lot of time, but this class will have set hours
- Be competitive: The project will be presented along with all of the Hackathon team and will be eligible for prizes!
Details and Class Prep
- Please also register for the Hacakthon. This will give you access to workshops, speakers, and great information.
- Prepare for the class by installing Visual Studio Code (or signing up for a Code Pen account)
- Wednesday 11/8: 7:30 pm ET -9:30 pm ET
- Thursday 11/9: 7:30 pm ET -9:30 pm ET
- Friday 11/10: 7:30 pm ET -9:30 pm ET
- Saturday 11/11: 12:00 pm ET - 2 pm ET (Presentations. The team will have a 5-minute slot, and it will likely be closer to the 12p ET / 9a PT timeslot, so you don't need to commit to the whole presentation time)